Monday, June 1, 2009

Install Drupal 6.12 with WAMP2.0h on Windows XP

Today I just started installing Drupal using WAMP2.0h. Installing WAMP2.0 is not a problem. It's as easy as clicking a button. Based on the default WAMP setting, we needa enable Curl and GD on PHP, and mod-rewrite in Apache server. Enable by left-clicking the WAMP icon near the clock, select PHP/Apache and then select the corresponding features.


Next, open a database for Drupal and the corresponding login account.

Open a browser for http://localhost and find Drupal. Installation process is then started. Simply type in the database and login information for your Drupal site and that's all.


Finished Drupal Site. mod-rewrite is needed for Clean URLs which helps in eliminating "?q" in URLs.

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to install Drupal, but when I use the above instructions, I get the message:
    'Unable to open WampServer's config file, please change path in index.php file'. I'm new to this! What do I do next?

    ReplyDelete